Employees who are knowledgeable and proactive about their personal health are healthy workers. To encourage and educate our patients about their personal health and making healthy lifestyle choices, we offer Wellness Evaluations. These evaluations are intended for employees who may not have specific screening requirements for their work, but are interested in staying healthy.
Wellness Evaluations include:
- Physical exam with attention to blood pressure, BMI, and overall conditioning
- Blood tests to screen for high blood sugar, cholesterol, and other health conditions
- Evaluation of cardiac risk factors
Following their evaluations, employees receive a personalized summary of wellness recommendations based on their current health risk factors.
The workplace can be a great environment in which to encourage healthy behaviors. Employers can provide:
- Health screenings
- Outlets for physical activity
- Access to nutritious food
For resources and ideas on workplace wellness, see the CDC’s Workplace Health Promotion website: